Prev: Re: FT: Stellar Conquest Campaign Next: More Fleet Book errata

Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.

From: "Chris Lowrey" <clowrey@p...>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 23:00:06 -0600
Subject: Re: [ds] Modern Tanks.

>>	   The US Army's VII Corp had 9 M1s destroyed and 4 M1s damaged.
 In
>> the entire Desert Storm, 9 M1s were destroyed and 9 were damaged.  No
M1s
>> were destroyed by enemy fire, it was all fratricide and mines.  At
least
7

>Source?  Considering I just posted details of four M1A1(HA)s being
>knocked out by enemy action, I'd say whereever you got your info is a
>little unreliable.  Or maybe using an interesting definition of knocked
>out.
>
>> M1s took direct hits from 125mm rounds from T-72s.  None penetrated
and
>> none were disabled.	In one instance, an M1 was hit by two 125mm
>
>Again, bullshit.  Already posted source.  You do the same.  Cite
source,
>or retract.
>
>> projectiles from 500m away; one hit the hull front and the other the
>> turret front.  The result was no injury to the crew and no
debilitating
>> injury to the tank.
>
>Frontal arc.
>
>>	   In one instance, an M1 was hit by 1 T-72.  The M1 returned
fire
>> and destroyed the T-72 before it's autoloader could cycle another
round!

>Frontal arc.

Before professing expertise one does not actually have, and telling
another
person "bullshit", everyone needs to check their own sources and realize
that they are not going to mesh 100%.  Many people here have an agenda
they
are pursuing.  This is fine.  Unfortunately, even "facts" are
controvertible
because the fallible perceptions of people are involved.  Are John's
sources
absolutely correct?  Are the other person's absolutely correct?  Both
deal
with secondary sources, and are therefore suspect.

Were you there, John, and did you see it?  If not, you cannot proclaim
your
sources to be absolutely correct in all aspects.  Question your sources
like
you question those of the person you disagree with.  Ten people in the
same
room, witnessing the same crime, will always result in ten different
stories.

Prev: Re: FT: Stellar Conquest Campaign Next: More Fleet Book errata