Prev: Re: [OT] Quad-S? Next: RE: Neo Rhomanoi ships

RE: [OT] Quad-S?

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 16:14:19 -0600
Subject: RE: [OT] Quad-S?

Thanks, Dean! I've an order in for the first two books, along with some
'used' items the author was floggin' on the net. Glad to hear the one
fellow that thought he might be being cheated probably hasn't waited
long
enough. ;->=

Don't know if it's still going, but the author also had a 'limited time
offer' of reduced price IF you're the first one in a town to order a
copy.

Dean: Sounds very much as I was expecting, and glad to hear it. Like
you, I
tend to buy every space combat system under the sun; I'm still waiting
see if T$R will be putting  one out for Alternity (notice how I've
paused
waiting to hear 'they already have!'). I already own, I think, every one
that was produced in or near Traveller. One question, though: are the
pieces that are similar to FT enough so to use for creating new 'races'
for
our FT universes?

While I remember fondly the old FTII four firing arcs (yes, I know, I
can
still use them), which the new system both complicated (a 50% increase
in
the number of arcs!) and simplified (no more firing arcs partially
overlapping turning points), the match to hex of six arcs does make
fitting
to hex-based games seem more plausible. Not that I've tried, yet.

The_Beast (who uses ((entirely)) too ((not to)) many parenthetical
expressions)

Prev: Re: [OT] Quad-S? Next: RE: Neo Rhomanoi ships