Prev: [ds] modern tanks was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: New TBMD Laser

Re: [FT][DS][SG] Interface

From: Mike.Elliott@b...
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:54:06 +0000
Subject: Re: [FT][DS][SG] Interface

>> As an aside, please note DS2 Capacity points (CP) and FT Cargo Spaces
(CS)
>> are NOT the same
>> thing:
>> A Size 3 vehicle requires 12 CS but has 15 CP. Therefore 1 CS = 1.25
CP

>But wait! (This might be SG2, but I think it is DS2 as well) It says
>our Size 3 vehicle takes 24 CPs to be carried inside another vehicle
>(size *8). So if it takes twelve Cargo Spaces, then the ratio works
>out to 2 CPs per CS which is more palitable than a fractional result.

>If I've misread, please correct me.

>Thomas Barclay
Oops! Tom, you are right, of course. I was forgetting that the 15CPs for
Size 3 vehicle is its _internal_ capacity. Yes, it requires 24 CPs for a
Size 3 vehicle to be transported inside another vehicle. Thus 1 CS = 2
CPs
as you rightly suggest. Thank you for spotting my mistake and apologies
all for any confusion.

Oh and this applies to both DS2 and SG2 as the vehicle design system is
essentially the same in each case.

Mike Elliott

___
					 _____

Privileged/Confidential Information and/or Copyright Material may

be contained in this e-mail. The information and Material is

intended for the use of the intended addressee. If you are not

the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering

it to the intended addressee, you may not copy or deliver it to

anyone else or use it in any unauthorised manner. To do so is

prohibited and may be unlawful. If you receive this e-mail by

mistake, advise the sender immediately by using the reply

facility in your e-mail software.

Thank you.

Prev: [ds] modern tanks was Re: [ds] Ogres Next: Re: New TBMD Laser