Prev: Re: New List Admin ( was Re: A sad(?) announcement) Next: 敒›婇⁇楆瑣潩썒璶䠠晡湥

Re: [ds] Ogres

From: Chen-Song Qin <cqin@e...>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 14:53:10 -0700 (MST)
Subject: Re: [ds] Ogres

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Thomas Anderson wrote:

> size 6 is 30 cp. a turreted size 5 gun is 15 cp. an extra apsw is 1 cp
(if
> you think that an apsw is a 7.62 mm mg; i'd be tempted to say that
both
> together count as one). what takes up the rest of the room?

Remember that not all tanks have the perfectly efficient design where
everything is fit in exactly under the limit.  There could be a lot of
slack.	Also, I think the size should be relative depending on the game
background played.  If the game is purely modern, then a Challenger may
well be a size 5 or 6, since it's one of the largest tanks in the world
currently.  But if some kind of futuistic/alien force is used alongside
more "modern" force, the size has to be scaled down accordingly.  e.g.
make a Challenger a size 3 if the largest tanks available are huge grav
tanks.

> probably fair enough. i have seen designs where M1A1s have HKP,
though.
> alternatively, you could say that the hvc is a gun 10 years down the
line
> from now, so the M1A1 or challenger 2 gun is really a shorter-ranged
hvc,

This should depend on the design as above.  If it's modern, the M1's
should have a HKP and lesser tanks should have a HVC, etc.  And change
accordingly.

> and the gun on the Long Drive (what are modern chinese tanks called?)
is
> even worse!

Type 90 II's are the latest I think...	These have the same 125mm that's
on T72/T80/T90's.

-
							=     =
Due to a mix-up in urology,				|^^^^^|
orange juice will not be served this morning... 	|^^^^^|
							|_____|
-

Prev: Re: New List Admin ( was Re: A sad(?) announcement) Next: 敒›婇⁇楆瑣潩썒璶䠠晡湥