Prev: RE: LAFAYETTE Next: 婇⁇楆瑣潩썒璶䠠晡湥

Re: SG2 vehicles (was Re: Full Thrust...)

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 21:06:33 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: SG2 vehicles (was Re: Full Thrust...)

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Allan Goodall wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Nov 1998 13:26:07 -0800 (PST), Brian Burger
> <burger00@camosun.bc.ca> wrote:
>
> >I've done roughly the same thing to four Roco Minitanks Marders and
an
> >Airfix Scorpion light tank.
>
> For me, it's Roco Marders and Sheridans. The Sheridan, with it's
stubby
> cannon, looks pretty good. The Marders are great, but I get the
various
> versions of Marders mixed up. I just recently realized that my latest
three
> are a different variant from the first 3. *S*

I'm got sure of the rest of the changes, but the mk2 has sloped side on
the aft sides of the flanks, while the mk3 has vertical sides - armour
was
added.

> I just picked up three Leopard 2s. This is a fairly new variant with
very,
> VERY sharply sloped turret glacis armour. With these, I'm going to
whip off
> the treads, and widen the hull a little bit. They should make GREAT
grav tanks
> for my 15mm Traveller figures.

Very cool. I just (a few minutes ago) started building a Japanese Type
90
MBT for 15mm SG2. I'm going to build it fairly 'straight' - leave the
treads on, but probably play with the superstructure a bit. The Type 90
is, AFAIK, Japan's newest tank - it looks similar to the Leopard 2 or
the
M1 - big turret, 120mm gun, etc. I'm probably going to shorten the
barrel
and run it as a DFFG MBT. When it's finished I'll take photos & post
them
to my webpage.

it's going to be painted in a new color scheme from my existing
vehicles,
as part of my beginning 2nd force.

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
-- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774 --DS2/SG2/games webpage--