Prev: Re: FT: ICEBREAKER Next: [FT] Historicon AAR - Kra'vak

Re: The Vector Dilema

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 20:52:16 +0100
Subject: Re: The Vector Dilema

Sean Bayan Shoonmaker wrote:

> >Mass 0-4: Unlimited
> >Mass 5-16: 6 per point
> >Mass 17-64: 3 per point
> >Mass 65-256: 2 per point
> >Mass 257+: 1 per point

and

> It's been brought to my attention that this might be a trifle limited,
so
> I'll put out this alternate chart as well. You can decide which one
you
> prefer...
>
> Mass 0-4: Unlimited
> Mass 5-16: 12 per point
> Mass 17-64: 6 per point
> Mass 67-256: 4 per point
> Mass 257+: 3 per point

Um... why would you want to turn *12* clock facings? 6 should be enough
-
if you want to turn more than that, turn the other way instead...

Before the FB playtests, I experimented with a flat cost of 2 thrust
points per point course change. It worked, sort of... but it made those
thrust-2 ships completely impossible to maneuver (speed 3-4 was the
norm)
and thrust-4 ships merely very clumsy (speed 10, tops).

I didn't fight very hard to defend the limited course change in the
vector rules during the FB playtesting :-/

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: FT: ICEBREAKER Next: [FT] Historicon AAR - Kra'vak