Prev: RE: FT : EW & Boarding Parties Next: Re: [ds] Ogres(was Re: Full Thrust...)

RE: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare)

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 11:12:24 -0500
Subject: RE: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare)

Adrian spake thusly upon matters weighty:
> What we want to avoid is "power gamers" taking advantage of the
command
> ability to transfer actions by building a small force with many levels
in
> the chain of command	ie  company and platoon command squads able to
> reactivate other squads, but you've only really got a single
reinforced
> platoon size unit...	Having a company formation with only 24 infantry
can
> make sense in context, but only in certain contexts - as a regular
> formation I agree it doesn't make too much sense, particularly from a
> game-play point of view.

If that bothers you, try my house rule:
No unit may be re-activated (after its own action, or before... but
basically by a command from someone else) more than ONCE per game
turn. So this limts that somewhat and stops any one unit from
outpacing everyone else.

("Sir, why is three section 700 meters ahead
of the platoon, and how did they kill 4 tanks and three enemy squads
in the last five minutes?..... Well, Private, it's cause I told them
repeatedly to attack. It made them run faster and shoot
more...really...I'm not kidding.....no, I am not mentally
incompetent... ")

:) Tom
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: RE: FT : EW & Boarding Parties Next: Re: [ds] Ogres(was Re: Full Thrust...)