Prev: Re: SG2 vehicles (was Re: Full Thrust...) Next: Re: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare)

Re: [OT] Plausible Sci-fi?

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 08:50:31 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT] Plausible Sci-fi?

Also, this was debated more vigorously, and a good deal less clearly, on
several USENET lists when the the SST movie came out. I think there was
bit of a thread on this list, too. For back posts to USENET, if you have
WEB access, I'd suggest a WEB archive searcher, such as
www.dejanews.com.
For back posts to this list, Jerry Han's site (I KNOW someone will
supply
that, as I don't have my browser list handy.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, don't respond to anyone else on list about the
topic.
I'd be delighted to offer my views, IN DIRECT MAIL, if you wish.

The_Beast

Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@clark.net> on 11/06/98 05:42:19 AM

Please respond to FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

 To:	  FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk

 cc:	  (bcc: Doug Evans/CSN/UNEBR)

Magnus Alexandersson wrote:
> I read the Starship Troopers and according to me, it was alot of
facistic
> propaganda in it. The movie was accused for facism, but it isn't at
all
> like the book.
> Willl have to find something else to read.

     Well, other people disagree, but they have been arguing over
     this point intermittently on the internet for decades
     (back when it was Arpanet)

     You might want to try reading Joe Haldeman's THE FOREVER WAR
     and John Steakley's ARMOR

Prev: Re: SG2 vehicles (was Re: Full Thrust...) Next: Re: [SG] Orbats (was Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare)