Prev: Re: SG2 vehicles (was Re: Full Thrust...) Next: Re: Low-Tech Forces, not necessarily in DSII

Re: [OT] Plausible Sci-fi?

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 10:41:59 +1300
Subject: Re: [OT] Plausible Sci-fi?

Magnus Alexandersson <m96maal@mtek.chalmers.se> wrote:
>If I say Iain M. Banks? He writes a superb line of books about the
>Culture, man and others far in the future. It's really great, a must.
    Yeah, they're great!

>Or Peter F. Hamilton? The man has written two bricks! The first two
>novels are 1000+ pages each...
>Tends to lean to the more violent side,
>but if you're a tech-jockey, read his books.
    The Night's Dawn trilogy. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the
third volume. An excellent series. BiTek, living starships, and other
weirdness.

>Stephen R Donaldson, excellent Gap-series.
    I haven't read these. I'll do so in the future.

Andrew Martin
A member of the the Culture! (At least in the NZ Census.)
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
 http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/
Usagi Yoyimbo Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/UY/

Prev: Re: SG2 vehicles (was Re: Full Thrust...) Next: Re: Low-Tech Forces, not necessarily in DSII