Prev: Re: Low-Tech Forces, not necessarily in DSII Next: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare

Re: Fleet Control System

From: "John Bennett" <johnbenn@g...>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 19:51:15 -0000
Subject: Re: Fleet Control System

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Norman <thurvin@yahoo.com>
To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk <FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk>
Date: 02 November 1998 01:28

>I thought of giving "advanced" ships or ship with "Kaptain Kirks" the
>ability to adjust their position or speed up to 2"-3" after ships had
>completed to simiuate their superoity manoverable. I think, something
>like this could work for FCS.

We have something similar in our camapign system. One of the ratings you
can
increase for each vessel is a Manouever rating. This starts at 2 for
escorts, 1 for cruisers and 0 for Dreadnoughts but can increase as
vessels
gain experiance. If you roll below your current rating for Manouevre you
can
increase/decrease the final position along the line of flight by 2" .
The
maximum ratings are 6,4 and 2 for the classes respectively!