Prev: Re: [erm] space mirrors Next: Re: [FT] Automated site for new fleet book

Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare - another point

From: CLL@L...
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 1998 14:44:28 +0000
Subject: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare - another point

One question I would like to ask whilst we are discussing EW systems in
FT is how can you protect other vessels with EW ?

Specifically I was thinking of a capability similar to scouts in SFB
where
they can lend EW protection to other vessels. What I would like to see
is a
'simple' system to allow a convoy escort to protect the vessels
(freighters etc) under it's protection.

The B5FT Mimbari jammer would work if attached to freighters, but then
they would be better protected than the dedicated warships. What I'm
looking for is some ideas for a dedicated EW platform along the lines of
an
SFB scout or maybe the equivalent of a US Navy EA6B Prowler or an
USAF EF 111 or whatever.

Krass

Prev: Re: [erm] space mirrors Next: Re: [FT] Automated site for new fleet book