Prev: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare Next: Re: [GZG] [HIST] Military Hackers

Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 19:08:40 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Jeff Lyon wrote:
> At 07:53 AM 11/3/98 -0800, Phillip E. Pournelle wrote:
> >At 09:13 AM 11/3/98 -0600, Jeff Lyon wrote:
> >><snip FMA-style EW rules>

sorry about those. i'll work on them for at least 15 minutes next time.
in
fact, a subtly modified form is now on the web:

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~univ0938/gzg/firecon.html

> And making an opposed roll every turn for each firecon on the table
ISN'T?

this is true. thinking about it, i realised that the whole locking-on
business is built into (phil pournelle's system) the sensor rules or (my
system) the weapons fire rules, so in either case it's largely
redundant.

otoh, a 3000 point fleet (to use a recently posted example) with, iirc,
4
cap ships, 3 cruisers and 6 escorts only has 24 firecons. the rolling of
firing dice, and the whole movement process, is going to take much
longer.

> :)

;-)

> >I think you get a better result using the shifted dice.
> Maybe yes, maybe no.	But then it's not Full Thrust anymore.

hang on; if we add any modifications, it's not Full Thrust any more.
none the less, we do, and it's still mostly full thrust.

Tom

Prev: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare Next: Re: [GZG] [HIST] Military Hackers