Prev: Re: [erm] space mirrors Next: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare

Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 19:01:01 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Phillip E. Pournelle wrote:
> At 01:50 PM 11/3/98 +0000, Thomas Anderson wrote:
> >On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Phillip E. Pournelle wrote:
> >how long does a lock last? do you need to reacquire each turn? in
this
> >case, ships need to be able to make several lock-ons a turn or
multiple
> >firecons are useless.
>	Once a lock on has occured, the target is tracked the entire
time.

okay. can you have many lock-ons at once?

if you can, then basically, you need to lock onto a target once, and
then
it's open season for the rest of the game. this is like a second-stage
version of the existing scanner rules, right? based on my Goldeneye
tactics, this would have my cruisers running around the board avoiding
combat but locking on to everything in sight :-).

Tom

Prev: Re: [erm] space mirrors Next: Re: Full Thrust : Electronic Warfare