Prev: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII Next: Re: [SG2] [DS2] Aussie Recon Platoon Organisation

Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 10:15:23 +0100
Subject: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

Chris Ruhl wrote:

>  He's asking for info with an eye
> towards recreating games in the Fading Suns setting.	This is one of
those
> "Great Falls in Tech and Civilization from a Long Night" -settings
where many
> high tech items are looked on with superstious awe and are frowned on
or even
> considered heretical by The Church.

Thanks! This is *exactly* the kind of background info I asked for
earlier
- a background which explains why low-tech warriors would be pitted
against high-tech ones.

Even so, people armed with spears or bows are *dead* against WWII
weaponry in a set-piece battle - in a guerilla war, OTOH, they can do
reasonably well. I really don't think DSII is the rule system to use
here
- and if the background says the serfs are sent against high-tech forces
(rather than the high-tech forces being used to attack and massacre the
serfs), then we're bashing the background's authors rather than the
player who tries to use DSII in this setting.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII Next: Re: [SG2] [DS2] Aussie Recon Platoon Organisation