Prev: Re: Bartertown Next: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 00:19:56 -0800
Subject: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

Thomas Anderson wrote:

> >	 Melee Militia Troops:
> >
> >	  These troops are armed with spears or axes and engage in close
> > combat.   They took two hits and draw two chits in close combat.
> > Cost 5 points.
>
> i think the trouble is that, unless your hi-tech forces have WW1
vintage
> rifles, or a spear team is actually 30 men, any low-tech fellas are
going
> to get mashed before they get anywhere near spear range. i mean, even
john
> atkinsons's turks don't use spears :-).

Hey!  I havn't put together my OPFOR pages yet.  Actually, if some
dingbat wants to use these troops, I'd have no problem.  They'll just
look rather funny after the tanks run over them.  I'd give the high-tech
troops one free 'round' in close combat before the spearmen get into
it.  Plus all the shots they'll be taking as they charge up to the
Kraal.

> i'd never heard of using ds2 in a fantasy / historical setting before.
> anyone?

I've used it as far back as WWII, and I like the way it plays for modern
troops.  Any further back would be pushing it.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: Bartertown Next: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII