Prev: Re: [FT]Fleet composition Next: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1998 13:50:30 +1300
Subject: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

MR DAVID E PETERS <HRAZ71A@prodigy.com> wrote:
>     Melee Militia Troops:
>
>      These troops are armed with spears or axes and engage in close
>combat.   They took two hits and draw two chits in close combat.
>Cost 5 points.
    Because they haven't got any ranged weapon, attackers armed with
ranged
weapons should draw chits against these troops first. If the Melee
Militia
troops survive, then they can draw chits against their opponent.
    I would suggest no effect against Powered Armour (PA) troops, as the
PA
armour would be impenetrable to spears and axes.

>      Archer/ Crossbow men Troops.
>
>      Troops equipped with bows or crossbowns,light armor and melee
>weapons for self-defense.   They have a range of 3" for bows and 4"
>for crossbows.   They take two hits, cannot initiate close combat and
>draw two chits for ranged combat.   Chits effects as per regular
>ranged combat for infantry.  Cost for bowmen 10 points, Crossbow men
>12 points.
    I would also suggest no effect against Powered Armour (PA) troops,
as
the PA armour would be impenetrable to bows and crossbows.

For both types, they are usually drawn up into big lines, as perfect
shooting targets. So, make the chit validity to kill them, say, RED
instead
of YELLOW.

Andrew Martin
-------------
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
 http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/
Usagi Yoyimbo Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/UY/

Prev: Re: [FT]Fleet composition Next: Re: Low-Tech Forces in DSII