Prev: Re: Fleet Control System Revised ('peeking') Next: Re: [SG2] [DS2] A list of questions on TOE and logistics

Low-Tech Forces in DSII

From: HRAZ71A@p... (MR DAVID E PETERS)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 10:07:38, -0500
Subject: Low-Tech Forces in DSII

     Dear List Me,bers:

      I am planning to design two scenarios for DSII set in The
Fading Suns setting.   Fadings Suns has a very background it is a
mixture of low and high tech forces.   I am looking for a few
suggestions for creating low tech forces.   I have gone through the
Fading Suns Players Companion and found their description of the type
of troop type interesting.

     Here are some low tech troop type that I have created and would
like to get other list members comments:

     Melee Militia Troops:

      These troops are armed with spears or axes and engage in close
combat.   They took two hits and draw two chits in close combat.
Cost 5 points.

      Archer/ Crossbow men Troops.

      Troops equipped with bows or crossbowns,light armor and melee
weapons for self-defense.   They have a range of 3" for bows and 4"
for crossbows.	 They take two hits, cannot initiate close combat and
draw two chits for ranged combat.   Chits effects as per regular
ranged combat for infantry.  Cost for bowmen 10 points, Crossbow men
12 points.

      These are just a few of the units that I am working on.

      David Peters
      HRAZ71A@prodigy.com

Prev: Re: Fleet Control System Revised ('peeking') Next: Re: [SG2] [DS2] A list of questions on TOE and logistics