Prev: Re: Chat Next: RE: [SG2] [DS2] A list of questions on TOE and logistics

Re: FT: Indy hits with many p-torps, history made!

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 19:50:54 -0500
Subject: Re: FT: Indy hits with many p-torps, history made!

Oh, spake thusly upon matters weighty:

Damn. That means the Malefic Probabilistic Skew Demon has been
excorcised to once again seek a new victim upon whom to visit its
psychic Heisenberg Unluck effect and on whom to feed..... I had hoped
you would keep the Demon for now he may seek out other innocents far
more easily demoralized by the unusually dismal luck this creature
brings...

.. Beware the Demon stalks..... where will it strike next.....

(grin).

>	       This is an ISN Headline News Report
>
> On the evening of October 30, 1998, one Indy met in reallife with one
> Noam Izenberg to engage in a couple of FT battles. The first was a
> NAC/ESU battle (see also http://scivax.stsci.edu/~kochte/s2.html) and
> second one a NAC/NSL engagement (see also http://scivax.stsci.edu/
> ~kochte/s5.html). And while the NAC ended up losing both encounters
> (the first one due to losing half the ships from reroll damage, the
> second from not being able to hit all that often with beam weapons
> early on), the NAC/Indy DID make history - and Noam Izenberg was there
> to witness this event - as over the course of both games Indy, he who
> cannot hit the broad side of a barn from the distance of 2 feet with a
> baseball bat, hit with *7* out of **9** pulse torps!! Doing a total of
> 31 pts damage!
>
> Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Indy actually hit with nearly 80% of his
> p-torps, and was squeezing an average of 4.5 pts damage out of them
> per hit. The p-torp die were kind to Indy that night. This is not the
> second consecutive engagement Indy has had in RL where he hit with
torps
> (the first one being a month or so ago against J Atkinson & bro, but
not
> nearly that many torps were fired, and when they were, didn't do any
real
> appreciable damage)
>
>		   End ISN Headline News Report
>

> Mk

---
> If the conquest of a great peak brings moments of exultation and
bliss,
> which in the monotonous, materialistic existence of modern times
nothing
> else can approach, it also presents great dangers.  It is not the goal
of
> *grand alpinisme* to face peril, but it is one of the tests one must
> undergo to deserve the joy of rising for an instant above the state of

> crawling grubs.
>					 -Lionel Terray, 1965

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: Chat Next: RE: [SG2] [DS2] A list of questions on TOE and logistics