Prev: Re: Chat is on NOW! Next: Re: Chat is on NOW!

Re: Fleet Control System

From: "John Bennett" <johnbenn@g...>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 19:14:34 -0000
Subject: Re: Fleet Control System

I like the idea of some vessels holding back their movement;

You could try and use the system as in the WWI board game Aces High
where
the better pilots can hold back a part of their move depending on how
good
they are.

In my campaign system, where ship crews develop skills and experiance,
the
top ships could become Ace vessels. I will have to work on this but it
may
be that they move the first part of their move up to half way and can
then
write the second part of their move, (which must comply with the normal
restrictions) once all other vessels have completed their moves.

This would simulate the tactically aware captain being able to stay on
the
six of an enemy vessel!