Prev: Re: [FT] SOF Insertion Next: FTFB Spreadsheet v0.4 release

Re: [FT] SOF Insertion

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 19:56:41 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] SOF Insertion

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> Insertion Methods:
> Orbital Drop in Stealthed Drop Caps
>	  - This could look like a meteor shower
> Low Orbit Drop in Power Armour/Grav Chutes
> Deployment Via Lander/Shuttle (with Stealth)

Deployment via parachute by low orbit insertion froma  Lander.
Stealthier
than a drop cap. And less signatuire.

> Deployment Via Main Vessel (if stealthed and capable of landing in a
> sea or the like).
> Infiltration as part of civilian crew/traffic
>
> Extraction
> Grav Belt to High Altitude RV with Stealthed ship

This is sort of a modern Fulton. You get them up to high alt, even for a
few minutes of seconds and it's timed right by a snatch froma  lander.

> Stealthed Main Vessel (return to the sea, board ship, escape
> offworld)
> Stealthed Lander
> Skyhook Extraction System on fast pass of stealthed lander

A version of FULTON we call MPU (for message pick up)

> Exfiltartion as part of civilian crew/traffic

Another good method for populated worlds.

> Go to ground for later extraction or to help in later operations (go
> Native!)

(The usual method)--^

Prev: Re: [FT] SOF Insertion Next: FTFB Spreadsheet v0.4 release