Prev: Re: [FT] SOF Insertion Next: RE: any military SF wes sites

Re: Fleet Control System - Back on track (Was: Re: What the hell isthis?) [long]

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:20:32 -0800
Subject: Re: Fleet Control System - Back on track (Was: Re: What the hell isthis?) [long]

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> >?? Only if you use a modified re-roll rule, no? If you don't have any
> >re-roll at all, the range is 0 to 2; if you use the FB re-roll, the
range
> >is unlimited (but the probability of rolling very high is rather
> >minimal).
>
> Actually, if you're using the re-roll rule, you only get one re-roll,
so
> it's not "never ending." The first 6 gives a re-reoll, but a second 6
does
> not.

Excuse me?  I quote from page 5, first column, paragraph 8.

"Simply, when firing any weapon system that is capable of penetrating
damage (as specified for each type of system), any roll of SIX inflicts
the usual damage AND allows a "reroll" - roll an extra die, and apply
any further damage that is indicated by the result.  If this reroll is
ALSO a six, then apply the damage and roll again.  There is no limit to
the number of rerolls you can make if you keep throwing sixes."

Caps and parens as per the original.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: [FT] SOF Insertion Next: RE: any military SF wes sites