Prev: Re: Fleet Control System - Back on track (Was: Re: What the hell is this?) [long] Next: Re: [SG and DSII] Question about Infantry Walkers

Re: [SG and DSII] Question about Infantry Walkers

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 15:02:22 +1300
Subject: Re: [SG and DSII] Question about Infantry Walkers

Owen <oglover@mov.vic.gov.au> wrote:
>Are you sure that mounting a PINTLE mount APSW on an infantry walker is
>reasonable?
    Sort of.
>Remember that the pintle mount MG is an external weapon as
>mounted on modern day MBTs and APCs.
    That's right.
>Would it even be appropriate to have
>one on an Infantry walker?
    Possibly, but it could look odd.
    Remember that in DSII design rules, every vehicle comes free with a
APSW
that is assumed to be pintle mounted on a vehicle. Obviously this has to
be
adjusted for a walker. In a walker, I would assume that this would be
fitted
to one arm to point and shoot. Alternatively, a shoulder mounted
external
weapon, much like the predator had in the movie "Predator", though
larger of
course. Or, externally mounted as the M2HB is on the M1 tank, but
capable of
being fired (not very accurately) at enemy infantry. If you think of the
infantry walker as being a bit larger, the trooper inside could pop his
hatch and fire the APSW from a pintle mount fitted on the upper chest or
head. Depends really on what miniatures you have or can convert.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/