Prev: RE: [SG and DSII] Question about Infantry Walkers Next: Re: STL travel

RE: [SG and DSII] Question about Infantry Walkers

From: Tony Christney <acc@q...>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 17:06:13 -0800
Subject: RE: [SG and DSII] Question about Infantry Walkers

At 11:04 AM 10/30/98 +1000, you wrote:
[snip]
>Are you sure that mounting a PINTLE mount APSW on an infantry walker is
>reasonable. Remember that the pintle mount MG is an external weapon as
>mounted on modern day MBTs and APCs. Would it even be appropriate to
have
>one on an Infantry walker?

A bit more reasonable would be a HMG (probably around 10mm+) in a
coaxial mount on the end of the walker's arm. The other arm or
shoulder would mount the main armament that is used to take out
vehicles. Another mounting option would be atop the walker's head
in a small cupola that tracks wherever the pilot is looking.

In one case "the finger of death", the other "looks that kill".

If it wasn't for the size class = max. number of weapons rule,
the best (IMHO) loadout for an infantry walker would either be

GMS/H, 2xAPSW
or
GMS/L, 4xAPSW (two twin barrel HMGs, one on each arm)...

As it stands however, the most effective loadout I've seen is
a GMS/H and the free APSW.

>Owen G

       Tony Christney
       acc@questercorp.com

  "If the end user has to worry about how the program was
   written then there is something wrong with that program"
				  -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: RE: [SG and DSII] Question about Infantry Walkers Next: Re: STL travel