Prev: IRC tonight. Next: RE: [ot] hypergeometry was Re: FT Combo: Super Carriers and FTL

Re: What the hell is this? Re: [fh] nac vexilliology

From: db-ft@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 20:28:34 GMT
Subject: Re: What the hell is this? Re: [fh] nac vexilliology

In message <3.0.6.32.19981028180114.007deb00@idirect.com> Adrian Johnson
writes:

> Just to throw in a wrench... in all the discussions about markings and
> symbols for the GZG future states, I don't remember much comment about
the
> non-Europeans.  We ended up debating the usage of "en-passant", but
nobody
> gave thoughts on markings/symbols/flags for the Africans, ESU (?),
> Indonesians, etc.
> Is this thread totally dead, or does anybody have thoughts.  I'm just
about
> to start painting a platoon of ESU troopers, and have been looking for
> ideas for vehicle markings, etc....
>
> Any thoughts on either idea here?

Well, classic soviet-republic-style national symbols tends be
circular and consist of a landscape of industrial equipment,
surrounded by sheaves of wheat and scrolls declaiming a suitable
motto in multiple languages. Soviet and Chinese iconography in
general showcases stylised peasants and workers gazing forward
into a glorious future, often with the appropriate glorious leader
pointing the way. Note also the famous "Lenin hailing a taxi"
image. Red stars and heroic slogans abound.

--
David Brewer, "NSM"

Prev: IRC tonight. Next: RE: [ot] hypergeometry was Re: FT Combo: Super Carriers and FTL