Prev: Re: [SG and DSII] Question about Infantry Walkers Next: Re: [GZG] [FH] vexilliology (non NAC)

Re: Fleet Control System - Back on track (Was: Re: What the hell isthis?)

From: Christopher Pratt <valen@g...>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 12:52:49 -0500
Subject: Re: Fleet Control System - Back on track (Was: Re: What the hell isthis?)

Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:

> Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson@qut.edu.au> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> >Game Use:  Any vessel with a Fleet Con rolls a D6 at the start of
each turn
> >and halves the result (round up).  The resultant number is the rating
of
> >the Fleet Con for that turn.  Ratings do not carry over from turn to
turn
> >so that a Fleet Con can only have a rating of 1-3 each turn.
>
> I like this bit, though I would consider making it one or two dice
which
> are scored as beam batteries, giving a range of (1 die) 0-3 or (2
dice) 0-6

<<<big 'ol snip>>>

perhaps it would be better to rate the system in terms of
superior, enhanced,
ordinary, etc...etc... and have the opposed systems roll off
for the edge in
fleet control during that round.

ordinary gets a d6
enhanced gets a d8
superior gets a d10

use the difference between the 2 rolls to determine the
effects.

later
christopher pratt
valen@gatecom.com

Prev: Re: [SG and DSII] Question about Infantry Walkers Next: Re: [GZG] [FH] vexilliology (non NAC)