Prev: Re: Origins of the red hand of Ulster (OT) (Hist) Next: Re: What the hell is this? Re: [fh] nac vexilliology

Re: What the hell is this? Re: [fh] nac vexilliology

From: Jonathan White <Jw4@b...>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 08:44:09 +0000
Subject: Re: What the hell is this? Re: [fh] nac vexilliology

>Well, let me then *disagree*. I don't have much time for playing, so
yet more
>rules for situations I've never run into and won't run into for *years*
(if
>I'm lucky), new weapons when I've not played with the old ones much,
scenarios
>I won't use cuz I've already got a backlog on them,  these juse make
MEGO.
The
>discussion on the NAC vexilliology (and related topics) has been
absolutely
>fasinating. I've been *looking* for the darned posts on this topic,
since the
>others hold no interest for me.
I don't mean to criticize but I supsect you are in a (very) minority
situation there. *MOST* of the people on this list are regular gamers
and
as such a regular supply of new ideas, be they ship designs, scenarios
etc
are quite welcome. While the discussion of heraldry and flags was quite
interesting *it is not what this list is about*.  You wouldn't expect
your
bank manager to start discussing his bad back when you are trying to get
your finances sorted out. It's not *appropriate* and that's why I asked
for
it to be taken off the list. I have no problem with people conmtinuing
the
discussion in private if they wish, but as far as this list goes it was
noise, pure and simple.

> The last bit on what colors and whatnot can be
>superimposed on each other has been a bit off topic, I'll admit, but
most of
>it has been fleshing out the official GZG backround, making it no less
off
>topic than the thread or two about the physiology and psychology of the
>Kra'Vak that ran a few weeks back. I didn't hear anyone else, much less
the
>list admin, complaining back then.
Hmm... I have sort of a rule of thumb about these things. If it seems
decent material for a sourcebook, I let it roll. It seemed to me some
detail on the Krav'Vak	would be interesting in FB6: Kra'Vak hordes (or
whatever). If I bought an FT sourcebook and all it had in it were paint
schemes and flag designs, I'd be mightily upset. I know that's only my
opinion but then as list admin I have to use my judgement to make these
decisions.

			TTFN
				Jon
-----
"Information doesn't want to be free, it wants to be liberated and
expensive"
Jonathan White, Psychology Section, Bolton Institute
BWFC fans list site : www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist

Prev: Re: Origins of the red hand of Ulster (OT) (Hist) Next: Re: What the hell is this? Re: [fh] nac vexilliology