Prev: Re: [SG and DSII] Question about Infantry Walkers Next: Re: [fh] nac vexilliology

[GZG] [FH] vexilliology (non NAC)

From: laserlight <laserlight@m...>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 19:54:50 -0500
Subject: [GZG] [FH] vexilliology (non NAC)

> Just to throw in a wrench... in all the discussions about markings and
> symbols for the GZG future states, I don't remember much comment about
the
> non-Europeans.  We ended up debating the usage of "en-passant", but
nobody
> gave thoughts on markings/symbols/flags for the Africans, ESU (?),
> Indonesians, etc.
> Is this thread totally dead, or does anybody have thoughts.  I'm just
about
> to start painting a platoon of ESU troopers, and have been looking for
> ideas for vehicle markings, etc....

  The Indonesians, I believe, use a red pentagon on a white field.
  My suspension of disbelief has a hard time with a PAU unless unity is
imposed from the outside, but the local shops that cater to people
wanting
"Africana" tend to use red, gold and green (or red, black and green),
usually in three horizontal bars.
  The Islamic Federation will almost certainly have a crescent: yellow
or
white on green, red on white, or white on black.  Use whichever colors
you
like.  The crescent may or may not have a small star.  If you feel
confident, add a scimitar.  If you feel insanely overconfident, add
Arabic
script.
  I imagine New Israel would stick with the Israeli flag.
  ESU has been discussed, I think.

Prev: Re: [SG and DSII] Question about Infantry Walkers Next: Re: [fh] nac vexilliology