Prev: FT Combo: Super Carriers and FTL Next: Re: [FT] UN ship design

Re: Infanty TO&E was[DS and SG] Regt's of the Crown

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 09:59:39 -0800
Subject: Re: Infanty TO&E was[DS and SG] Regt's of the Crown

Glover, Owen wrote:

> On the subject of sections/squads winning Mil Skills type
> competitions; the
> Australian army have two Mil Skills competitions in the Div. One for
> Infantry units and the other for Non-Infantry. Sure this wasn't the
> case for
> the NG Div? It seems a little strange that a Non-Infantry unit would
> be
> entered in a competition for Infantry.

Nah, I'm sure it was one competition. Again ENgineers are infantry
capabnle forces, it;s not like all tey do is drive dump trucks. Also
squad competition is generally 50% individual tasks (range estimation,
weapons breakdown, physical fitness and ma reading, and then some squad
based events (land Nav, Immediate action drills, and some situatiuonal
training exrcizes (Sounds like John;s was a raid). It's not difficult to
put together a winning squad as long as the guys are motivated to put in
the extra time it takes to prepare.

> Giving the benefit of the doubt, it is easy to pick 10 guys in a unit
> and
> train them really hard for a section/squad competition. This doesn't
> make
> the unit the best UNIT in the Division. Just means that those 10 guys
> are
> better at the competition than any other ten.

Yep.

Los

Prev: FT Combo: Super Carriers and FTL Next: Re: [FT] UN ship design