Prev: Re: Infanty TO&E was[DS and SG] Regt's of the Crown Next: RE: Infanty TO&E was[DS and SG] Regt's of the Crown

Re: Optional fighter bay rule

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 20:09:19 +1300
Subject: Re: Optional fighter bay rule

Channing Faunce <channing@glasscity.net> wrote:
>This variation in the fighter bay mass requirements came about because
>of the rule of only being able to launch 1 fighter squadron at a time
(2
>for carriers). We wanted a way to be able to construct ships which
could
>launch more (or all) of their fighters at once.
>
>For each fighter flight that a ship wishes to be able to launch in one
>turn the Mass of the fighter bay is 12 (x2 the Mass of the fighter
>flight). All other fighter bays are Mass 9 (x1.5 Fighter flight Mass)
>
>This means that if a ship has 8 fighter flights and wishes to be able
>launch 4 flights a turn buys 4 bays at 12 mass and 4 bays at 9 mass
>each.
>
>The only change we considered was making the "non-launch" bays Mass 6.
>
>Comments?

    I just got the Earth Force Source Book, for the Babylon Project RPG,
and
the fighter carriers in there have the restriction that they can launch
or
recover up to half of their fighter complement each game turn. Perhaps
you
might like to include the same rule in your games, that way you don't
have
to change the design system.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
 http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/

Prev: Re: Infanty TO&E was[DS and SG] Regt's of the Crown Next: RE: Infanty TO&E was[DS and SG] Regt's of the Crown