Prev: Engineers <Was: Infanty TO&E > Next: [DS and SG] Snipers... was other stuff....

[DS and SG] was RE: [DS and SG] Regiments of the Crown

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 14:14:31 +1000
Subject: [DS and SG] was RE: [DS and SG] Regiments of the Crown

There is a set of rules for WWII called Crossfire. The Sniper rule in
thjis
is similar in effect to the snipers in ASL as described by Los. You
simply
mark on a map the sniper location. When activated the sniper takes its
shot
and then is removed from the board.

In DS this would be pretty much the same. Effect of the successful
sniper
shot on artillery unit or command vehicle could be systems hit or loss
of
cammand and control or some such catastrophic impact.

As far as strengths go, in Britain and Oz you look at no more than 4 or
5
snipers (usually just two teams) in an infantry battalion. People
overlook
the fact that snipers are so very valuable at procuring information as
well
as being able to slot an enemy commander or disable artillery sights and
the
like.