Prev: Re: [GZG] [HIST] Military Hackers Next: Re: [DS and SG] Regiments of the Crown

Re: [DS and SG] Regiments of the Crown

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 19:16:11 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS and SG] Regiments of the Crown

Randall spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> Adrian Johnson wrote:
>
> >   Those darned Americans - do we have to go burn the
> > Whitehouse again?
> > :)
> >

> LOL!! Sorry sir, that particiular 'bon fire' is something we
southerners reserve
> for ourselves!  ; ) But heck, the place does need it... ; )

For the benefit of accurate history, Gwyn Dyer (a Canadian Historian)
rightly pointed out that it was in fact not *really* the Canadians
the burnt down the whitehouse. It had far more to do with the British
Regular Army units than with any particular Canadian contribution.
Our irregular forces just can't be considered to have been
responsible, with any sort of an objective eye.

> 1st Battalion, Alabama Territorial Regiment (The Queen's Own
Huntsville Rifles)
> 1st Battalion, Tennessee Territorial Regiment (Duke of Nashville's
Light Infantry)

The Duke of Nashville? Now that is rather humorous.

Interesting outlook. Probably somewhat akin to what would actually be
assembled from the polyglot of forces available.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: [GZG] [HIST] Military Hackers Next: Re: [DS and SG] Regiments of the Crown