Prev: Re: News Flash!!!!!!!!! Next: Re: Space crews and solar flares. was Re: Space carrier fighter p hilosphyRe: ADLER TAG AAR

RE: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 14:26:03 +1000
Subject: RE: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Wilkinson [mailto:twilko@ozemail.com.au]

>	For the OU I'd say it would be something totally new as the New
Zealanders
>would never sing "Advance Australia Fair" which according to one Sydney
>paper can be sung to the tune of "Gillians Isle". How embarrasing!

Not just the ire of New Zealanders (or other Pacific Island nations for
that
matter) but us colonials seems to be able to make changes at "the drop
of a
hat". It was less than 30 years ago that we changed our national anthem
from
"God Save the Queen" to "Advance Australia Fair" and then about 15 years
ago
we changed the words of AAF. So if we were to undergo some nationalist
change then we would fully expect to hear a hue and cry if the national
anthem WASN'T changed!!