Prev: Re: [FT][DS][SG][HIST] Just wondering... Next: GZGL Chat - Any chat on this fine evening/afternoon/morning?

Re: Space carrier fighter philosphy

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 15:35:47 +1300
Subject: Re: Space carrier fighter philosphy

As any one tried putting together a supercarrier with the same number of
fighters (about 144) as an American naval carrier? My version, loosely
based
on the NAC style in the Fleet Book, came out like this:

Displacement: 60,000 Tonnes (MASS 600).
Hull Type: Weak (Hull Integrity 120).
Armament: Nil.
Defences: 9 PDS; Level 2 Screens; Grade 15 Armour.
Sensor suite: Standard sensors, no fire control systems.
Drive systems: Main Drive rating 4; FTL (Jump) drive.
Hangar Bays: 24 bays each holding 6 fighters.

TMF: 600
NPV: 2085

Naturally, I would expect this big a vessel to be guarded by other
ships,
just like a naval carrier.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/

Prev: Re: [FT][DS][SG][HIST] Just wondering... Next: GZGL Chat - Any chat on this fine evening/afternoon/morning?