Prev: Re: [FT][DS][SG][HIST] Just wondering... Next: News Flash!!!!!!!!!

Re: GZGL FH - Genetic engineering.

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 14:16:38 +1300
Subject: Re: GZGL FH - Genetic engineering.

Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au> wrote:
>Not disputing you here, but just for your info they've already linked
(at
>least tenuously) many behavioural traits (from cheerfulness to sexual
>orientation) to variations in single genes and they don't think it'll
be
>too long before they'll know enough to manipulate complex genetic
systems
>(including intelligence).
    A recent issue of Scientific American mentioned the possible
discovery
of an athletics gene. So now I know why I'm fat - it's in my genes! (or
not)

>Scary stuff.
    Genetic code considered as computer software - with all that it
implies.
Just need an assembler (womb) and code for the people you want.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
Web Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Blind See-Saw Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/SEE-SAW/
Dirtside II Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/
Dirtside II FAQ: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/
GZG E-Mail FAQ:
 http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/FAQ/Ettiquette.html
FUDGE GM Site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/FUDGE/

Prev: Re: [FT][DS][SG][HIST] Just wondering... Next: News Flash!!!!!!!!!