Prev: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST] Next: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

RE: Awards and Anthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

From: "George,Eugene M" <Eugene.M.George@k...>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:36:18 -0700
Subject: RE: Awards and Anthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

Tom's right about 'God Save The K/Q' though in the former US it's still
sung
with  the words to 'My Country 'tis of Thee' by recalcitrant
separatists.  I
imagine though that quite a few NAC citizens of the former American
persuasion feel a great amount of debt and thanks to 'Mammy England' for
pulling the US out of a really, really bad civil war, and plus, it HAS
been
around 130 years since the US called in the Canadians and British,
that's a
long time for patriotism, propaganda, and conditioning to 'the new
order' to
take root. Conversely, it's also long enough for the 'Good Old Days' to
become nostalgic memories or worse yet idealized examples for
terrorist/nationalist/separatist groups to use as rallying banners for
those
disillusioned by the NAC system of government.

(Don't