Prev: Re: [FT][DS][SG][HIST] Just wondering... Next: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 14:24:06 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]

On Wed, 21 Oct 1998, Los wrote:
> Why would Italy or Spain want to start signing "Le Marsialles"? (Don't
> get me wrong I love that song). Why the hell would Americans or
Canadians
> want "God Save the Queen"?

unlike the europeans in the fse (and see my earlier remark re 'ode to
joy' being the current, anational, euro-tune), the yanks don't really
get
a choice in this matter. anyway, god save the queen is the commonwealth
anthem, and canada is still in that.

Tom

Prev: Re: [FT][DS][SG][HIST] Just wondering... Next: Re: Awards and ANthems(and now some background) [OT] [HIST]