Prev: Re: Space carrier fighter philosphyRe: ADLER TAG AAR Next: Re: Cross Over from FT3 (Fleet Book) to DirtSide and StarGrunt

Re: Suicide Fighters

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 15:53:25 -0500
Subject: Re: Suicide Fighters

John spake thusly upon matters weighty:

If struck while still onboard their carrying vessel (assuming they
are being readied), the explosives detonate causing equivalent damage
to the carrying vessel without the benefit of defenses AND this is
applied after the bay they are in is destroyed. If a series of linked
fighter bays are full, then one should roll d6 for the next fighter
bay in line - on a 6, it cooks off with the same result. Can you say
cascade? :)

Just an idea.

> In our latest campaign one of the players plays a race which has
fanatical loyalty to the Emperor and he asked me (the umpire) if he
could develop suicide fighters.

> I have allowed this as follows
>
> A Lance Group (suicide fighters or perhaps unmanned drones) moves as
normal fighters with a speed of 18cm. They cost 38 points per group and
each group has only 3 ships. On the CV they take up a whol>
> On the go they attack, if they survive all the defensive fire they
impact causing 2d6 of damage as with a nuke missile with a bonus of a
needle throw on the target vessel.

> If attacked by enemy fighter groups they are defenceless! They have no
weaponry or combat ability apart from ramming their intended target
which they must reach to cause detonation. (hence the faster>
> If shot down within 6" of their actual target they explode causing 1
d4+1 damage  to that ship only.

> Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated
>
> John Bennett

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255