Prev: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT) Next: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

Theater Air Defense Systems

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 11:19:34 -0700
Subject: Theater Air Defense Systems

Hello,
	There have been previous discussions of how to build different
kinds of
Area Air Defense systems, those that use RFACs, GMSs, and even DFFGs.
However, my thoughts are more along the lines of deploying a Theater Air
Defense system, an eveolution of the current THAAD and SM-2 Block IV
missile systems.
	This system would attack all aerospace vehicles that enter the
planetary
sector from orbit,  all aerospace and VTOL aircraft that are at high
altitude, and all objects larger than size one that are being orbitally
inserted.
	It would use the same mechanics as the current Area Air Defense
systems,
quality die ect.  But its roll is to effect the entire table top.  The
total system would take up a lot of space.  It could be in one giant
fixed
facility or be built from multiple modules, the loss of a module
decreases
the quality die, etc.
	I was thinking of using something like this to represent the
planetary
defense batteries of the Imperium cross over discussion for Full Thrust.
Now we might be able to play a DirtSide II battle for control of the
planetary surface...
	Phil P.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto!

Prev: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT) Next: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)