Prev: RE: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT) Next: Apology was: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

Re: [OT] FT Mood Music (was ADLER TAG AAR)

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 08:11:35 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] FT Mood Music (was ADLER TAG AAR)

First, Tim, thanks for the switch in topic.

Second, I'd like to put in my two cents and suggest some
Musorgsky/Ravel.
While I wouldn't suggest whole works, parts of both Pictures in an
Exhibition and Night on Bald Mountain are quite stirring, very martial
sounding. I'll leave cut-and-paste to others.

***
Tim sez:
Anyone use sound effects in their battles? I've got a $10 Star Trek
sound generator I sometimes use.
***

After having found the 'make shot noise' requirement of Mag-Blast, the
card
game, a bit tiresome, I noticed one of the action fleet Star Wars
handle-sans-X-wing noise makers in a thrift store. Almost bought it;
would
have been useful in just the way you say as well.

Course, I've always thought FT using large models would be fun. Using
the
ST and SW large toys, with sound fx built in is a possibility. With
proper
amp'ing and speakers.;->=

The_Beast

PS. The building of these compilations seem to pretty obviously infringe
on
copyrights should they ever be created for other than personal use.
Especially if they include current works like SW and B5. And, I would
never
suggest anyone writing me in private should they be willing to make
copies
to share. *hint hint*

Prev: RE: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT) Next: Apology was: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)