Prev: Oh the embarassment! was Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT) Next: [OT] FT Mood Music (was ADLER TAG AAR)

Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

From: Jonathan White <Jw4@b...>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 09:57:43 +0100
Subject: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

>mentioned from Carmina Burana, and My Kingdom by enigmatic UK oddness
band
>Future Sound Of London, as it samples Blade Runner something chronic.
if
>i'm seriously off-beam here, stop me.
It's a great track but it's not the one you're thinking of. My Kingdom
doesn't as far as I know sample Blade Runner. At least not that I can
recognise (which may in itself be the sign of an expert sampler). There
was
a d/lable intro to Blizzard's Starcraft : Brood War that had a large
space
battle played out to a solo piece of piano music I didn't recognise. I
thought it was an odd choice at first but in the end it was strangely
appropriate.

The way I see it there are two ways to go with this - there's your big
operatic Mars/Carmina burana route, or there's more 'up to date' high
power
stuff . There are quite a few indie/ techno pieces I could name that
would
fit a big fleet action well.

				TTFN
					Jon.
-----
"Information doesn't want to be free, it wants to be liberated and
expensive"
Jonathan White, Psychology Section, Bolton Institute
BWFC fans list site : www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist

Prev: Oh the embarassment! was Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT) Next: [OT] FT Mood Music (was ADLER TAG AAR)