Prev: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT) Next: ADLER TAG PICs

Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

From: "Jim 'Jiji' Foster" <jiji@m...>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 21:05:16 -0700
Subject: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998 20:54:52   Buji Kern wrote:
>I would add 'High Roller' by The Crystal Method, because it samples
NASA
>transmissions. Not very war-sounding, but space-oriented nonetheless.

This might be a private email reply type of thing, but could you educate
me regarding The Crystal Method? Sounds intriguing.

>Sort of a cliche by now I guess, but the Imperial theme (forgot the
exact
>name) from Empire Strikes Back is pretty good.

The Imperial March. Not cliche; it's classic...frankly, all of the ST
battle music would fit (naturally.) A bit genre specific, however.

So long as we're voting for soundtrack cuts: most, if not all of Conan
(Basil Pouleadouris again), and selected bits from Fifth Element and
Stargate would work. Add the orchestral bits from Macross Plus (great
fighter combat music) and the opening theme to Terminator as kickoff
music. There are some orchestral cuts from the 3 Escaflowne soundtracks
that make great battle music (brooding, driving music, with strong male
chorus chanting in the background.) Mononoke Hime St also has some great
tension-building cuts. A touch of Lodoss here and there to round things
out.

For long, drawn out slugfests: Le Marche Slav by Taichovsky... and 1812
Overture too. Kinda weak on classical otherwise. Vivaldi just doesn't
seem to fit.

---
Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@nospam.kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums

Prev: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT) Next: ADLER TAG PICs