Prev: Re: ADLER TAG AAR Next: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 22:38:38 -0400
Subject: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)

Thomas Anderson wrote:

> on a (subtly and only very, very slightly) more serious note, i think
> collective effort at spacewar soundtrack compilation might be
> interesting. if not possible. i would add: sibelius, 'pelleas et
> melisande' (music from The Sky At Night) at the start or end, the bit
> mentioned from Carmina Burana, and My Kingdom by enigmatic UK oddness
band
> Future Sound Of London, as it samples Blade Runner something chronic.
if
> i'm seriously off-beam here, stop me.

I'm always on the lookout for good gaming music. There's a lot of top
notch stuff being put out on comupter game CDs. In
particular:
Mechwarrior series by Activision.
Battlezone by Activision.
Shattered Steel by Interplay
Descent Freespace by Interplay.
The top three have audio tracks on the Cd so you can play em straight.
The last one I had to extract the music wavs convert MP3
or burn as audio trakcs onto a C.

Even if you aren't in to these games, if you see them in the bargain bin
for ten bucks (or pounds, whatever) Then definately
pick them up. Great space combat stuff.

Perhaps we can pass some MP3s around.

Los

Prev: Re: ADLER TAG AAR Next: Re: ADLER TAG AAR - Soundtrack (OT)