Prev: Re: ADLER TAG Next: A few KV rule questions

Re: GZGL FH - Jumbos, Jets and Turbo Props

From: Rick Norman <thurvin@y...>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 17:49:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: GZGL FH - Jumbos, Jets and Turbo Props

Hello,GZG-L,
IMMO, Colony worlds will go though states of development depend on the
world.
Dead rocks with no biosphere will probably never have large population
unless there are an "gold rushes" type events, like Yukon Rush. (too
expensive to keep alive)Otherwise Low Planetary Orbit craft will serve
the personnel and light cargo needs for long range travel. Grav and a
few wheel and tracks shuttles will served short range travel. Bulk
cargo like ore and fuel would use either track or trains. Cost would
be major factor in colonization of Dead Rocks for keep needed crew
alive and happy would so painfully costly.

Near Earth and Earth Planets will probably a larger population due to
lower cost of survival. At early stage,most town and outpost will have
either schedule service or "bush pilot" Remote colonists would have
kit planes if possible. Train and road system for cheap tranport will
devolop as the colony grows. At end of colonization period
transportion would be similar to modern systems.

---laserlight <laserlight@mci2000.com> wrote:

> > Is there still a place in GZG's Future History, for the Jumbo Jet?
What
> > about other aeroplanes like turbo-props, small passenger jets, cargo
> planes,
> > etc.? Would they have all disappeared? Or would they still be in
use?
> >	Colony worlds have a low population, but I would expect
populations
> of
> > two or three million to be easily attainable after, say, 50-100
years of
> > colonisation. New Zealand has a population of 3.5 million, yet it
has
> it's
> > own fleet of jets and other aircraft (Air New Zealand). So do even
> smaller
> > places like Fiji, Tonga and Cook Islands.
>
> But do they build their own, or buy them from someone like Boeing?
If the