Prev: [url] designing planets [part 2] Next: Test of new subscription, please ignore

[URL] Nonleathal weapons

From: "Tom Sullivan" <starkfist@h...>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 12:55:13 PDT
Subject: [URL] Nonleathal weapons

Yet another source of information on nonleathal weaponry is at:

http://www.copi.com/articles/killing.html

This is more interesting than most, however, as it discussed some things

which oculd be used on a DSII battlefield.  Such as...

" Behind the lines of battle, another low level fighter bomber
discharges its cargo of metal eating microbes on formations of second
wave tanks held in reserve. Like alien bugs from some futuristic sci-fi
movie, the microbes literally chew metal and armour to pieces - in
record time. Known as chemical metal-embrittlement agents, these are
composed of substances that alter the crystal structure of metals,
wrecking chaos with every mouthful."

Or another chemical, which has a similar effect upon rubber. I don't
know how feasable this sort of thing is, but it makes interesting
reading.

Tom Sullivan
"Okay, so we've got a universal solvent.  Now what do we store it in?"