Prev: Re: (SG2] Orbital Insertion (an alternative approach to calculat Next: Re: Some GMS Thoughts [SG2]

Re: Some GMS Thoughts [SG2]

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 01:20:52 -0700
Subject: Re: Some GMS Thoughts [SG2]

Thomas Barclay wrote:

> > The DSII mine rules (p.44) assume that the bottom armour is 2 levels
> > lower than the front armour; the SGII mine rules assume that the
mines
> > attack the wheels/tracks/ skirts/grav pads instead, and don't bother
with
> > armour at all, except in the summary box which seems to confuse the
> > Suspension die with Armour :-/
>
> Well, I'll have to take a look at that. Mines do attack both the
> armour and the suspension parts in RL.

No, they attack either or.  A tilt-rod will trigger on either the tread
or the belly.  A simply pressure fuze is tread only.  If the tread
triggers it, it will generally absorb the entire blast.

John

Prev: Re: (SG2] Orbital Insertion (an alternative approach to calculat Next: Re: Some GMS Thoughts [SG2]