Prev: Re: (SG2] Orbital Insertion, try an egg carton Next: Re: FMA List: Proposal to change list code.

Re: The Kra'Vak

From: Tony Wilkinson <twilko@o...>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 02:29:26 +0100
Subject: Re: The Kra'Vak

At 20:32 07/10/98 -0500, you wrote:
>A quick question re: surrender/switch. At what level does this happen
>>on? If two KV sqauds are fighting each other, do individuals switch
>and >start firing on their buddies? Does it work only on teh strike
>claw (bn) >level, squad levelo, or is the switch factor something that
>comes down >from Clan HQ?
>
>I can't imagine a squad changing over as individuals and starting an
>internal firefight.  But then again, I'm Hu'man.  I can easily see a
>squad popping their squad leader and signalling their surrender, and
>awaiting orders.

	I'd say that surrender/switch starts at squads and occurs at
each level of
command but depends on the leader. The leader decides when to switch and
those under him don't question it. If the leader is dead everyone does
their own thing with the next level fighting for dominance or
surrendering
as each sees best. This being the case then the level of leadership
should
play a role in determining who does what. Level 1 leaders are good
leaders
but also have a better idea of when they are losing so that once things
reach a certain point they are more likely to switch. Level 3 leaders,
the
bad ones, are less likely to know when they are losing and thus inclined
fight on.

StarGrunt.
	Treat KV troops that are Confident, Steady and Shaken as normal.
Broken
troops might swap sides. Their squad leader takes a rally test but does
not
add the leadership of the squad. If it passes normally then the squad
surrenders. If it fails they stay and fight. Similarly a higher level of
command may step in in which case a rally test is taken as normal but
again
if passed, the squad surrenders but confidence level remains unchanged.
This means that bad leaders will stay and fight when good leaders and
their
troops have changed sides. Routed troops automatically surrender.

Dirtside.
	The above system should also work for Dirtside but in this case
platoons
are testing rather than squads.

Full Thrust.
	I'll think about it.

	Tony.
	twilko@ozemail.com.au

Prev: Re: (SG2] Orbital Insertion, try an egg carton Next: Re: FMA List: Proposal to change list code.