Prev: [SG2] Errata and other questions - got any answers? Next: Re: (SG2] Orbital Insertion, try an egg carton

Re: [Semi-OT] Aliens Action Fleet toys in UK.

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 14:05:50 -0500
Subject: Re: [Semi-OT] Aliens Action Fleet toys in UK.

Ground spake thusly upon matters weighty:

Further, in the US, it would seem that Galoob has stopped making
these. Order them while Galoob still has some. They work well, are
very robust, and possess a certain flair that polystyrene has over
resin. They prompted me to figure out how to implement a SLAM system
in SG2 (for the Gunship).

> For UK list members:
>
> Some time ago someone posted the Forbidden Planet (London, UK) had the
> much-sought-after Aliens Action Fleet models on sale for £7.99 each -
the
> ones that apparently never got released officially outside the US. The
> range consists of a roughly-25mm APC, an underscale Dropship that
works as
> a nice small 25mm attack VTOL and the Narcissus, which will also serve
as a
> smallish 25mm shuttle, aerospace craft or scout.
>
> Well, I've just discovered that the Swag Shop chain of clearance
stores has
> these models in stock at just £3.99 each! Both the Ipswich and
Colchester
> stores had them (though myself and a couple of friends have bought
most of
> what they had!!), so I assume other branches will have stocks too.
>
> Happy hunting!
>
> Jon (GZG)

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: [SG2] Errata and other questions - got any answers? Next: Re: (SG2] Orbital Insertion, try an egg carton