Prev: [SG2] Rising to your level of incompetence Next: [SG2] Errata and other questions - got any answers?

Thoughts on SLAMs for SG2 [SG2]

From: Thomas Barclay <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 1998 13:58:44 -0500
Subject: Thoughts on SLAMs for SG2 [SG2]

SLAM:
Come in size 3-5.
Fired direct fire, but with a kind of special resolution. I initially
looked at Arty resolution, but figured with a DF weapon that the
rolling vs. leadership made little sense. So....

Designate a target point.
Roll Crew Quality Die vs. Raw Range Die. No terrain or other effects.
(Except blocked LOS of course!)
Raw Range die is
0-12" d4
12"-24" d6
24"-36" d8
36"-48" d10
48"=60" d12
If Crew Quality Die > Raw Range Die, impact on target point.
If Crew Quality Die =< Raw Range Die, impact deviates. Direction D12
Distance is 1 roll of Raw Range Die. (Further away you are, the
further you are likely to deviate).
Impact is as artillery (GPE, Anti-Armour, Anti-Personnel depending on
weapons load out).
Beaten zone is (Size Class)" x (2 times Size Class)". That is, a
SLAM/3 has a beaten zone 3x6, and a SLAM/5 has a beaten zone 5x10.
I think this is fair, given that under this system the Impact is a
constant. Just the area is bigger (more rockets saturating a wider
area).

Thoughts?

Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: [SG2] Rising to your level of incompetence Next: [SG2] Errata and other questions - got any answers?