Prev: RE: The Kra'Vak Next: Re: [Admin] changing e-mails question

Re: data saturation on in future combat Was:rules "inspiration"

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 1998 10:09:59 +0300 (EEST)
Subject: Re: data saturation on in future combat Was:rules "inspiration"

On Tue, 6 Oct 1998, Brian Bell wrote:

>   I am sure that someone has mentioned this, but you may want to get a
> chess clock to time each player's turn.
> And apply a penalty if one
> player has used time equal to double his opponet's time. Another at
> tripple and so on. Have this rule start on the 4th round of play (This
> prevents a player from making an extremly quick turn on the first
round
> and demanding the other player take a penalty.

Probably better to use the chess clock to time turns total cumulatively,
and give a bonus to one player for, say, every full 5 minutes less he
uses.

> I know mini-maxers that would try this).

I wouldn't exactly call that minmaxing, but I understand this may seem
like old hackers resenting crackers being called hackers.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	   | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: RE: The Kra'Vak Next: Re: [Admin] changing e-mails question