Prev: [FT] Fighter Screen Question Next: Re: [FT extra rules]

RE: The Kra'Vak

From: Kelvin Henderson <kx.henderson@q...>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 1998 16:43:59 +1000 (EST)
Subject: RE: The Kra'Vak

>>*Commits suicide in a loud and grotesque manner to atone for error of
>>my ways*
>
>Ewwwww, John, all I wanted was a little creative acknowledgement, not
this
mess all over the rug. ;)

>Anyway, technically it's all GZG stuff anyway - hear that, Jon T.?
Good
ideas here, use 'em!

>I like the berserk idea - gives them a fallback when everything goes
wrong.	more thoughts on that in another email...

For a scenario using a Kra'Vak attack on a UNSC research outpost which
is
posted on my GZG LZ site and can found at:
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/2470/gzghomehtml (Shameless Plug)

I came up with the following rules for berserk Kra'Vak using the
standard
Morale levels that humans use.	the more demoralised they get, the more
difficult they are to control.	Here are the rules:

Kra’Vak Psychology:

The Kra’Vak have a different psychology to Humans.  When they lose
morale
they beome more aggressive, not less.  As a result they will do the
following:

Confident/Steady:  The unit may make any actions that are normally
available to it.

Shaken:  Before it activates, the squad must make a Reaction Test at
TL+1.
If it fails this test, it must make at least one Move Action toward the
nearest visible enemy unit.  If the unit is within the squad’s maximum
move
allowance, then it must pass the same test at TL+2 or declare a Close
Assault against that enemy with no chance of failing the Reaction or
Confidence Tests for charging.

Broken:  Before it activates, the squad must make a Reaction Test at
TL+2.
If it fails, it must make either one fire and one move action or two
move
actions directed at the nearest, visible enemy squad.  If the unit is
within the squad’s maximum move allowance, then it must pass the same
test
at TL+4 or declare a Close Assault against that enemy with no chance of
failing the Reaction or Confidence Tests for charging.

Routed:  The squad must take both of its actions as Move actions toward
the
nearest, visible enemy unit.  It will Close Assault the nearest, visible
enemy unit if that unit is within the squad’s maximum move allowance
with
no chance of failing the Reaction or Confidence Tests for charging.

Kra’Vak also love the thrill of the Close Assault and as such rarely
balk
when charging.	As a result, they pass the Reaction test when declaring
Close Assault at TL of 0 regardless of current Morale Level.  If fired
on
by Defensive Fire, the Threat Level for the Reaction Test is half normal
(round up).  Kra'Vak cause Terror to Hu'Mans in Close Assault.

-Kelvin....

   "And how do you suppose we stop them?
      Get a big red sign with the word
	    STOP written on it?"

Prev: [FT] Fighter Screen Question Next: Re: [FT extra rules]